I don’t know if I can even count how many times in my life I’ve wanted to change something about me.
Usually, this desire to change something comes from desiring something someone else has. For instance, I have thought at least a few times before:
- Man I wish I had hair like they do;
- Man I wish I had their intelligence;
- Man I wish I had their photographic memory;
- Man I wish I had their naturally white and cavity free teeth;
- Man I wish I had a dynamic personality like they do.
And so on…
I think, in many ways, the grass always looks greener over there in someone else’s yard.
But the truth is their hair, their type of intelligence, their personality- it wouldn’t fit me right even if I had a chance to try it on for size.
That’s because God put this combo together in me for a reason…
… and maybe once I learn to want exactly what traits and gifts I already have, then I can be “truly, entirely, wildly, messily, marvelously who [I] was born to be.”
And you can too!